Great problem solving skills and out of the box thinking.
1. Structuring of partnership relations
Owners commonly believe “the rules of the game” in the company are determined by the charter. But despite its binding effect, the charter is a formal document. Actual rules according to which the business operates shall be specified in partnership agreements. They protect the interests of partners, prevent corporate conflicts, and determine the company’s future.
Partnership agreements resolve the following business matters:
- Fixing the position and role of partners;
- Votes division;
- Determination of options for withdrawal from business and assessment of each shareholder’s share;
- Dividend distribution;
- Determination of majority and minority shareholders’ privileges;
- Non-typical arrangements. For instance, cases when the minority shareholder’s vote is a decisive one in the real estate transactions;
- Joining the stake if the agreed terms and/or results are met;
- Minimization of risks of conflicts between co-founders.
2. Fundraising and M&A support
- Preparation to investment or investor entry:
- Due Diligence;
- Drafting of Term Sheet (letter of intent);
- Choice of jurisdiction for a future deal.
- Receipt of investments stage:
- Corporate restructuring for purposes of sale/entry of investor;
- Assistance in selecting financial models;
- Tax consulting in view of deal execution.
3. Owner and hired CEO. Regulation of relations
Relations between owner and CEO is always a question of trust, transparency, and execution of arrangements. Owner delegates to the CEO not only a part of the business but also powers and sometimes even a share in the company.
However, if not approaching it in a legally-acceptable way, there is a possibility of loss of control over the business. Anyone who once handed over management understands how difficult it is.
REVERA team provides legal support in the following areas:
- CEO's entry into the share of business with respect for the interests of the original owners;
- Legal execution of control over CEO;
- CEO’s displacement;
- Settlement of disputes with CEO.
4. Construction of a corporate management system in a company (BoD, internal rules and procedures)
Business growth is forcing owners to move away from operational management and focus more on strategic business development. In order to maintain control at both the strategic and operational levels, we provide legal assistance in establishing a corporate management system.
- Organization of corporate groups, management companies, including consulting on selection of a group of companies management model and tax structuring of a group;
- Assessment of an existing corporate structure of a company/group of companies;
- Optimization of corporate structure, business processes, improving management efficiency;
- Development of an effective system of management bodies of a company.
5. Owner and their family
- Succession to business (shares, enterprises, real estate);
- Business restructuring for inheritance purposes;
- Introduction of the successor into business;
- Protection of interests of legal heirs and building of relations with other business partners;
- Marriage relationships:
- Advising on marital and family issues (property of spouses, division of property, children’s maintenance, alimony payments)*;
- Preparation of marriage contracts, taking into account the owner’s interests.
- Family business:
- Structuring of family business and property;
- Building of corporate management system taking into account family interests;
- Protection of family interests in disputes with business partners and hired management;
- Tax consulting.
*In Belarus this service is provided with the involvement of lawyers
6. Resolution of disputes between founders (corporate disputes)
The practice of REVERA lawyers shows that corporate conflicts are quite frequent and can be faced by every owner regardless of with whom the business is conducted: relatives, friends or other partners of common interest.
The consequences of corporate conflicts are almost always devastating for business if a complex of necessary preventive measures is not undertaken in time.
REVERA team provides legal support in the following areas:
- Support of shareholder’s withdrawal;
- Protection of the owner from illegal actions of other shareholders (revocation of decisions of general meetings or boards of directors, unprofitable transactions with property, etc.);
- Contestation of transactions with shares, protection against raidership;
- Disputes with senior executives, including bringing to responsibility and recovery of damages.
REVERA’s team of talented lawyers has ‘both a practical and a theoretical knowledge of the law’, and is ‘well connected in the market.
High level professional skills.
Buslik - CDRL
Full support of the transaction of sale the controlling block of shares of the Buslik retail chain (first and one of the major Belarusian chains of children goods) to the Polish CDRL company. REVERA represented a private individual (majority shareholder) from sellers' side.
Advising an applicant with a child in the procedure of obtaining Turkish citizenship on the basis of investment in real estate on the terms of shared ownership.
Comprehensive support for families with children to obtain Grenadian citizenship based on investment in the local economy.
Assistance in the procedure of obtaining a Portuguese residence permit based on remote passive income (visa type D7).
Guiding a family with children in obtaining Vanuatu citizenship on terms of investment in the local economy.
A major retail business
Tax consulting services to a shareholder selling a big retail business in Belarus.
Registration of departure for permanent residence abroad: no significant changesanalytical materials
The peculiarities of execution of monetary obligations denominated in foreign currency in Polandnews
Review of Decree No. 278 "On the Procedure for Issuing Documents and Performing Actions"announcements
Belarus legal consulting market through the eyes of REVERA law groupnews
REVERA is celebrating its 25th anniversary!analytical materials
Top 10 mistakes shareholders make in doing business and building relationships with business partners and the company's CEO