Settlement of construction disputes
Our lawyers are ready to provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Development of strategy of protection and preparation of legal position, assessment of possible risks and prospects of a judicial dispute;
- Protection of interests in disputes related to the quality of construction works, including disputes on the elimination of deficiencies in the period of warranty terms;
- Disputes on the recovery of the cost of works performed, including those related to refusal to sign acceptance and delivery certificates;
- Disputes related to execution and payment for additional works;
- Disputes on the collection of the sum of guarantee retainage;
- Disputes on the collection of penalties and losses for failure to fulfill obligations under the contract;
- Disputes related to the conclusion of a construction contract, unilateral withdrawal from the contract, early termination of obligations under the contract;
- Protection of the interests of engineering organizations and customers in disputes over the quality of technical supervision services;
- Representation and protection of interests in disputes over contracts for design and surveying works;
- Pre-trial settlement of disputes between construction participants: legal advice, claim settlement, support of pre-trial negotiations.
Supporting construction activities
REVERA’s team offers comprehensive legal support for construction projects: from strategic decision-making on project initiation to completion.
- Comprehensive project structuring in terms of contractual relations, supply chains, contract development, participation in negotiations, advising during negotiations, supporting commissioning activities;
- Monitoring and proof-reading of construction contracts, advising on tax laws, acting as tax agent in Belarus;
- Advising on contract/agreements, certification/licensing matters;
- Resolution of complicated disputes;
- Any other issue/problem that might arise during construction activities.
Permits and authorisations for construction activities
Operating without construction permits/authorisations will entail gross penalties or even worse, forfeiture of all proceeds. We assist clients in formalising their construction activities in Belarus in full conformity with law. To this end, we support mandatory implementation of required systems and secure obtainment of construction permits/authorisations required for customers, such as:
- Labour safety management system;
- Technical competence certificate for the production supervision system;
- Certificate of conformity of construction works;
- Certificate of conformity of construction materials/goods;
- Welding evaluation certificate;
- Quality management system;
- Certificate of compliance;
- Licenses in industrial safety and other spheres.
REVERA’s experts are ready to render legal assistance in the following matters:
- Advising client on application of FIDIC model contracts, with account of mandatory rules of Belarusian laws;
- Supporting client during negotiations for the purpose of harmonising business terms of FIDIC contracts;
- Developing special provisions of FIDIC contracts, pursuant to settled business terms;
- Preparing various legal documents in the course of FIDIC contracts: notifications, referrals, queries, requests, claims, etc.